Jon and Kate Plus 8

Jon and Kate Plus 8 Under Child Labor Investigation -
Parental Guidance - Maria Andreu - NJ.com


This show recently grabbed my attention, since it was impossible to avoid the news network coverage. I would brush it aside since I am not a viewer of the show, nor this type of show. But it strikes me as a really strong example of the cultural phenomenon of the last 10 years - reality TV. I did watch the first Big Brother series, got the concept, but then no desire to watch another. So I just see the headlines of American Idol, Britain's got Talent etc.
This one really strikes home because of the kids involved. Much more than internet broadcasting, more than a talent show, or a weird group show (Southern belles, or such like), this involves kids through the most important development time of their lives.
I don't think I blame the parents, the media or the producers. I just would not choose it, and am surprised so many people choose to be broadcast in this way.

Comments